Monday, January 12, 2015

Romancin'

        Apologies for my absence. It's been hard for me to get into blogging. I have a difficult time writing or talking about my life that's not occasional complaining on my twitter. It's just always weirded me out that there are ACTUAL people who see me and what I post. I usually forget that people will read my thoughts when I post them anywhere, like Facebook. Social media is so strange. Or maybe I'm just being odd? Whatever. At any rate, I came here to update on my life. For starters, I have a boyfriend! It's really weird to call him that, not because we've been friends for going on 13 years, but because the term boyfriend sounds so mundane and meaningless. When I think of "boyfriend", I think of a fourteen year old school girl who started dating her crush whom she had only known for two weeks because he sits next to her in math class, and they end up breaking up a month later. Don't know if that's stupid of me to think, but I can't help it. I feel like him and I are so much closer than that. Obviously.
A picture of us from last night, wearing my new Modcloth 
dress I intend to blog about in a later post. Oh, does he hate 
taking pictures! Such attitude, haha.

            His name is Ricky. We've been very close friends since we met when we were 8 years old. He's always been my go-to friend any time anything happy, sad, wonderful, scary, heartbreaking, weird, crazy- etc happened to me. Basically he was the first person I wanted to tell whenever I did anything. I remember he was always super in love with me when we were kids, and our parents often joked how we would end up getting married. I too had a big crush on him, but of course I wouldn't let anyone know that. He was my first kiss when we were 13, too. One of the most amazing experiences ever.
Us when we were 13.

          Sadly, we sort of drifted apart through high school, with us dealing with our own lives and dilemmas we were facing. I will definitely not go into detail there, for it's far too deep. But what I will say is that though we were not hanging out as much, with him being home schooled and me being sick, we always found ourselves reuniting and being there for each other. He helped me through the darkest moments of my life, and I like to think that I made things a little better, even though our constant friendship turned into a once a month phone call.

        Now that we are older and have battled our own demons and came out stronger, we found our way back into each other's lives. We have only been together for about three months, which I hate to say. It just feels like we've been together so much longer, since I've been in love with him for over a decade.  But it fills me with so much joy to be able to call him mine and be able to go home after a hard day and see him, Yes, we're already living together. Which may seem strange to other people, but not to us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment